Martha Washington Pie
"This 'cake-pie' contains golden raisins and walnuts topped with a light icing."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 490
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 - 9 inch pies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To Make Filling: Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cocoa and baking powder together until smooth; alternately mix in the milk and flour. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into pastry shells and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 60 to 70 minutes. Do not underbake.
- To Make Icing: Combine confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Gradually stir in milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread icing on pie once its out of the oven and still warm.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 25 63.1 5.9 55 262 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1