Wellesley Fudge Cake II
"This is a delicious chocolate cake that can be made for any occasion. The frosting and cake are both made from scratch. This cake serves twelve people."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 445 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 - 9 inch 3 layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- In a large clean glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold 1/3 of whites into batter to lighten it, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Divide batter into the 3 prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting: Melt the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and pinch of salt. Frosting can be used warm to fill and frost the 3 layers.
Per Serving: 445 calories; 22 g fat; 63.2 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 355 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The icing on this cake is absolutely AWFUL!I am a chocolate lover but i had to throw the cake away everone that tasted it hated the icing i am going to delete it from my recipe box.