Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 373 cals
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Make and cool cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan.
- Pierce cooled cake all over with fork. In small bowl, stir gelatin and boiling water until smooth; stir in cold water. Pour over cake. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Refrigerate 2 hours. Frost with whipped topping; garnish with raspberries. Store covered in refrigerator.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on cake mix box.
- Substitution: Use any flavor of gelatin that you like for this recipe. Try strawberry gelatin and garnish the cake with strawberries, or experiment with strawberry-banana, strawberry-kiwi or sparkling berry gelatin.
- Special Touch: You can also whip your own whipping cream to top this classic recipe. In chilled medium bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
Per Serving: 373 calories; 18.3 g fat; 47.9 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 328 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
This is a great idea! I experimented with chocolate cake and raspberry flavored gelatin. It was not as visually striking because we couldn't really see the raspberry, but it tasted great. Nex...
I use sugar free jello and light cool whip and I have to keep my hubby from eating the whole thing. He asks for it on his birthday every year. Absolutely wonderful with all kinds of flavors.
I absolutly love this cake! I use sugar free jell-o, lite whip topping, and lite strawberries. OH SO GOOD! I can't wait to try the cup cakes for my daughter.
I LOVE this recipe! I like it with lemon cake mix and orange jello. It's great for summer! I've also done lemon raspberry and it's so fabulous. This cake is moist and fresh. Delish.
I made this when my best friend and her 2 girls came for a visit on Spring Break. Used yellow cake (made per directions on the box), and added strawberry gelatin b/c strawberries were more in s...
Super simple and easy to make for guests. It's a nice, light finish to a meal. I used strawberry jello and fresh strawberry slices on top instead of raspberry.
yum! I made this using strawberry jello and put fresh strawberries on top. The cake is soo moist and delicious!