Ingredients35 m servings 517 cals
- Wash crabs and separate claws from body. Crack the shell and cut the body into 4 to 6 pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together ketchup, water, cornstarch, and soy sauce.
- Heat skillet and the oil, stir in garlic and shallots. Fry the garlic and shallots for 1 to 2 minutes before adding the chili. Fry another 2 minutes. Add crab pieces and fry until they turn red, about 4 minutes.
- Stir sauce mixture into the skillet until the crabs are well coated. Cover the skillet and let simmer on high heat, for 7 minutes or until the shells turn bright red.
- Remove cover and stir in the lime juice. Stir in beaten egg until it is fully cooked. Turn the heat off and stir in green onions.
Per Serving: 517 calories; 32.9 g fat; 29.7 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 173 mg cholesterol; 771 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This recipe is delicious! We make it quite often, and sometimes substitute green chiles, which aren't quite as hot. We've also used king crab, which is more readily available. Served with white ...
Thank you for the recipe. It was very good and just as I remembered it in Malaysia! I didn't have any cili padi, so I used habanero instead. And I left out the lemon juice, just because i did...
This recipe turned out a little different than I expected, but was still very enjoyable. It was a little too spicy for my daughter, but I actually added more hot pepper to spice it up even mor...
I am a Singaporean so is very familiar with Singapore Chili Crab, just made this recipe (100% same), this doesn't taste close to our local dish but is delicious in its way. Our Chili Crab (which...
This was one of the most delicious and completely messy things I have ever eaten in my whole life. Wow.
i lived in singapore from 1973 to 1980 and have been back a few times. this recipe is as good as i remember. a little harder then expected but well worth it. and im not much of a crab eater.
Yes, this is very messy and yes it is delicious and spicy! We used 1 jalapeno instead of the chilis and that was hot enough for us. We accidentlyused lime instead of lemon juice but I think it...