Ingredients6 h 25 m servings 217
- Combine the milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, and the yeast in a large bowl; stir the egg yolks and whipping cream into the milk mixture. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in the cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (This can also be done in a food processor: pulse the cold butter or shortening until it's the size of small peas. Turn mixture into a bowl and proceed.) Stir in yeast mixture until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured board. Divide the dough into three portions and shape them into balls. Toss blackberries with sugar.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Roll each ball out to a 9x12-inch rectangle. Spoon blackberries evenly onto the center third of each rectangle, width-wise. Using a knife, cut about 9 slanting lines along each side approximately 1 inch apart. Create a braid by folding alternating strips from each side, overlapping the berries. Place the pastry braid onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining two portions. Cover with a light cloth and let rise in a warm place (80 to 95 degrees F (27 to 35 degrees C)) until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 11.2 25.6 3.8 66 175 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe was just ok. The bread wasn't what I expected. It tasted just like my moms Thanksgiving roll recipe. The filling could have been more sweet. I definately think it can be improved...
If you want to impress friends and family with a wonderful brunch offering, this is it! Delish and beautiful
Very nice bread, but I thought it needs more blackberries. I added sugar, cinnamon, and flour to the blackberries and I'm glad I did so bc they can be tart and the additions balanced out the bl...
Very good, although very rich. Similar to a danish or a turnover. Almost any filling could be used, strawberries, apple cinnamon filling, cream cheese. I glazed mine in egg white and sprinkled ...