Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 362 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place the tripe into a large pot, and cover with a lot of water. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours. Drain, then rinse well with cold water. Drain in a colander, squeezing out the excess water.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat together the egg, barbeque sauce, and milk in a mixing bowl. Stir in the flour, and mix until no dry lumps remain. Season with garlic powder, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Dip the pieces of tripe into the egg batter, and allow the excess to drip off. Deep fry the tripe in the hot oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Allow the tripe to drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the batter ingredients. The actual amount of the batter consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 362 calories; 22.6 g fat; 24.8 g carbohydrates; 14.6 g protein; 155 mg cholesterol; 116 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3