Ingredients4 h 40 m servings 1508
- Place the orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, cilantro, and olive oil in to a blender. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper, then puree until smooth. Pour half of the vinaigrette into a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate the remaining for use later as a sauce.
- Cut each pork chop from one side through the middle horizontally to within one-half inch of the other side. Open the two sides and spread them out like an open book. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thick, then place the pork chops into the bag with the marinade. Squeeze out any excess air, and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the pork chops from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Open the pork chops onto your work surface. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each pork chop. Cover the cheese with the ham steaks, then fan the sliced pickles on top of the ham steaks. Sprinkle the remaining Swiss cheese over the pickles. Fold the top half of the pork chop over the filling, and secure with several toothpicks.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the pork is no longer pink in the center and the filling is hot, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the filling should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Serve with the reserved citrus vinaigrette drizzled overtop.
Per Serving: 1508 calories; 100.4 32.9 116.1 309 1713 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Wow-what I thought started out as very interesting turned out to be just odd. Too many complex flavors here and very overpowering in all. My family did not like this one at all
Overall, I think there are too many competing flavors, especially with the added "zest" from the limes and oranges. It was a bit too much. Perhaps less zest and more juice would create a better ...
Excellent recipe... Smoked 'em up on the grill using some hickory, and WOW! Delicious!!!