Potato Coffee Cake
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 121
- In a small bowl, dissolve potato flakes in boiling water. Let stand until lukewarm, about 15 minutes.
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Manual cycle; press Start. The mixing and first rise of the dough will be completed in the bread machine.
- When Dough/Manual cycle is finished, remove dough and briefly knead on a floured board. Divide dough into 3 round loaves and place in three lightly greased 8 inch pie pans. Cover and let raise until doubled in size, about 60 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Brush risen loaves with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Per Serving: 121 calories; 5.6 16.9 1.6 38 49 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is a great recipe! I wasn't so sure at first, but the next day it was even better. It is great with a little butter on each slice. Yum! I'll make this again.
This is delicious! Very moist, and even better the next day warm with butter on it. It is easy to make, does take a little time, as do all yeast breads, but worth it. I get a lot of requests for...
Sorry, but a 5 star means make it for company and make it frequently for the family. This recipe was just sweet bread with sugar on top. Basic homemade buttermilk bread would be an equally goo...