Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 549 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a round 10 inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light; add flour and stir until mixture is mealy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Stir baking powder into milk then stir into flour mixture. Mix soda and lemon juice; stir into batter. Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with nuts and 1 tablespoon white sugar, then return to oven for 20 to 30 minutes longer, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and gently cut a small hole in the cake. Place a quarter in the hole, then sprinkle confectioners' sugar over cake, making sure to cover the hole. Cool cake on a rack for about 10 minutes, then place a dish over the top of the pan and turn over. Serve warm.
Per Serving: 549 calories; 24.7 g fat; 74.3 g carbohydrates; 9.7 g protein; 162 mg cholesterol; 345 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Delicious...I cooked in a 10" bundt pan and that worked well! This is a nice alternative to cake.
This was excellent, made it for brunch and it was praised a lot. Now, I tinkered a lot with the recipe as I did not have time to choose something else for the meal and was out of ingredients,YE...
I really disliked the texture of this bread. And the egg taste was very strong. Everyone in my family felt the same.