Banana Caramel Pie I
Ingredients4 h 45 m servings 496
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour the condensed milk into a small baking dish, and cover with aluminum foil. Place the dish in a larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into the larger pan so it surrounds the smaller dish and comes half way up the sides. Place in preheated oven. Bake 1 hour, stirring twice, until milk turns light brown, thick, and caramelized.
- Slice the bananas and arrange on bottom of the graham cracker crust. Pour caramelized milk over bananas, and cool 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place the heavy cream in a medium bowl, and whip until soft peaks form. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar; and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over cooled caramel. Sprinkle with crushed toffee. Chill 3 hours before serving.
- Editor's Note
- For an alternate method of caramelizing sweetened condensed milk, remove the label, and place the unopened can of condensed milk in a saucepan. Cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat; then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 hours. Monitor the water closely, adding more as needed to keep the can covered. Remove the can, and let cool 10 to 15 minutes before opening.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 496 calories; 25.1 64.5 6.4 63 255 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The Pie was excellent, but I gave it a 2 because of the instructions. Here is how I did it.... 1. I didn't put foil over it because as with any water bath I have ever done YOU DON'T want to cr...
My condensed milk did not carmelize at all. If it had it would have been good and really sweet.
I have made this pie for years and everyone loves it. Your method is complicated and to much work. Heres how to reduce the work to 10 min construction time. Place the condensed milk in a pres...