Ingredients55 m servings 126 cals
- Heat the carrots, potatoes, turnip, leeks, celery and 1 3/4 cups broth in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of broth for the Easy Basil Pesto. Stir the remaining broth, beans, bay leaf and red pepper in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the bay leaf. Serve topped with the Easy Basil Pesto.
- Easy Basil Pesto: Mix 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 3 cloves garlic and 1/2 cup reserved broth in a food processor or blender. Cover and process until smooth.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with Italian bread sticks. For dessert serve with lemon bars.
Per Serving: 126 calories; 0.4 g fat; 26.6 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 637 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I had a few turnips from a local farm and decided to use one for this recipe. I was really surprised how flavorful this soup was.
Easy and delicious! Its good without the pesto as well. I like pesto, but here i wasn't sure it was needed. I did like that it used all the winter veggies that we had in the fridge. I added...
I've made this a couple of times now, both with and without the pesto, and I'm not sure it's needed. This soup is really good! I did make a few minor changes; I used adzuki beans-just to give ...