Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 85 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 rolls)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with shortening. Place the phyllo sheets between two pieces of waxed paper and top with a damp cloth.
- Place a large piece of waxed paper on a flat surface. Place one sheet of the phyllo dough on the waxed paper; use a pastry brush to spread melted butter over the sheet to coat in a thin layer, starting on the edges and working your way to the center. Place a second sheet of phyllo dough atop and repeat the brushing with butter; top the second sheet with a third sheet and again brush with butter. Repeat the process with the remaining three sheets and butter so you have two stacks of three sheets of buttered phyllo dough.
- Arrange about 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese along one edge of each of the phyllo dough stacks. Spread 3/4 cup of the corn chowder along side each line of mozzarella cheese. Roll each of your phyllo dough stacks into a long roll with the fillings in the center; brush the tops of each roll with melted butter. Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into bite sized pieces to serve.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 85 calories; 6 g fat; 5.6 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 170 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1