Sausage, Apples, and Noodles
Ingredients1 h servings 626
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the egg noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook the sausages until completely cooked, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour the melted butter into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish; layer half of the cooked egg noodles into the bottom of the dish; top with half of the sausage slices and half of the apple slices; sprinkle about half of the cinnamon-sugar mix over the dish. Repeat layers with remaining noodles, sausage, apples, and cinnamon-sugar. Dot with the butter pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the apples are soft, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 626 calories; 30.8 68 20.6 96 1007 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
The family liked it. Everyone said it was diffrent. I will be making it again. I used some amish egg noddles when I made it and I mixed every thing together rather than puting it in layers. EXCE...
Very good. I neglected to had the sugar and cinnamon. Also instead of layers I just mixed it all together. I added about 3/4 cup of water to the dish before I put it in the oven, covered with fo...
Really enjoyed the meal, everyone said very tasty and hubby had 2nds. Next time I make it I will add a few more apples and add a little water to help the noodles not dry out. Overall very good...
In a word..... fantastic! My husband said afterwards, "I don't think you get just how much I loved this." Wow, for him, that's deep praise. Looking forward to leftovers tonight. Only revisions w...