Ingredients2 h servings 180
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x12 inch baking dish.
- Make lavender sugar by blending the sugar and 2 teaspoons lavender buds in a blender; blend until the lavender is powdered.
- Blend together with an electric mixer 1/4 cup of the lavender sugar, butter, coconut oil, 2 cups flour, and salt in a bowl until a dough forms; press into the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top begins to turn golden brown; about 15 minutes.
- While the dough bakes, mix together the remaining lavender sugar, 1/4 cup flour, eggs, lemon juice, lemon extract, and 1/2 teaspoon lavender buds; pour over the baked crust and return to the oven to bake until the center is set, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely and dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Per Serving: 180 calories; 7.1 27.4 2.3 41 55 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
These were very good. I have an essential oil company. If you don't like the texture of the lavender buds, you can add a couple of drops of high quality lavender essential oil to the recipe.
I'm fortunate to live in an area where there is a lavender farm, so lavender is easily obtained. If you make this recipe, be sure to use only lavender that has been grown for use in cooking. It ...
This is a nice change from the usual lemon bars. I used an 8 x 8 pan and had to cook both stages a little longer. But this helped make a denser bar, which I prefer. I also used egg substitute in...
I too love lavender, and these bars were great! I know a lot of people don't consider lavender something used for food, but i LOVE it!
really interesting recipe. I didn't have coconut oil so I used all butter... I had a pack of dried lavender I had purchased at the grocery store some time ago and finally found a use for it. I l...
These were awesome! The hint of lavender with the lemon was great. Will definately make again.
Tasty, but I do prefer a higher filling to crust ratio. I left out the lemon extract as it was optional, skipped the additional half teaspoon of lavender buds and used sweet almond oil instead o...
very easy to make and very, very good. Had my daughter and her friends taste them. Raves for more.