Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 329 cals
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they're easy to handle. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the almonds, sugar, butter, 1 egg, orange zest and vanilla extract into a food processor. Cover and blend until the almond mixture is a smooth paste.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into an 11-inch square. Cut the pastry into a 10-inch circle using a 10-inch cake pan. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Place 1 pastry circle onto the baking sheet. Spread the almond mixture on the pastry circle to within 1-inch of the edge. Beat the remaining egg and the water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Brush the edge of the pastry circle with the egg mixture. Place the remaining pastry circle on top of the almond mixture. Crimp the edges of the circles together with a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.
Per Serving: 329 calories; 21.8 g fat; 27.4 g carbohydrates; 6.7 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 215 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I learned to make Pitiviers in a professional cooking course. I had to make the puff pastry from scratch. It was well worth the effort. However, Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry makes the whol...
This was excellent! I didn't trim into a circle but left as a rectangle and then cut into triangles. It was really easy but looked like it wasn't!
I made this in culinary school today (almost exact same as a Jaques Torres recipe) - since I had puff pastry I made from scratch, I needed to find a use for it! I used almond meal/flour, so I go...