Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 430
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stir the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Stir the chicken, cheese, corn, bread crumbs and picante sauce in a medium bowl.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 16x12-inch rectangle. With the short side facing you, spoon the chicken mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry sheet to within 1-inch of the edges. Starting at the short side, roll up like a jellyroll. Place the pastry roll seam-side down on a baking sheet. Tuck the ends under to seal. Brush with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the parsley. Cut 2-inch slits 2 inches apart on the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Slice and serve warm on the salad greens with the sour cream, if desired.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with home-style coleslaw. For dessert serve chilled key lime pie.
Per Serving: 430 calories; 25.2 30 21 85 958 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Good recipe. I used taco sauce instead of salsa, and served with cilantro and chopped tomatoes.
I had a sheet of puff pastry that I needed to use before it dried out and this seemed like a fun recipe. I cooked my chicken breasts in the crock pot with taco seasoning and just enough water to...
Was easy to make. I used some leftover mexican rice that I had on hand instead of the bread crumbs.