Ingredients8 h 10 m servings 507 cals
- Place the beef, onions and carrots into a 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with the flour and toss to coat.
- Stir the broth, vegetable juice and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Pour the broth mixture over the beef and vegetables. Submerge the Bouquet Garni into the broth mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the beef is fork-tender. Remove the Bouquet Garni. Serve the beef mixture over the noodles.
- *Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Bouquet Garni: Lay a 4-inch square of cheesecloth flat on the counter. Place 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves, 1 cinnamon stick and 1 bay leaf in the center of the cloth. Bring the corners of the cloth together and tie with kitchen string into a bundle.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed cut green beans with sliced carrots and toasted pita bread wedges. For dessert serve a yogurt parfait: layer vanilla yogurt with toasted coconut and fresh blueberries or sliced strawberries.
Per Serving: 507 calories; 14.7 g fat; 63.9 g carbohydrates; 28.7 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 422 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Tasty!! I enjoyed the flavor the cinnamon stick added to the overall dish! I would like a thicker, gravy-like base... this recipe was a little too watery. Next time! =) I added a LOT of extra c...
My husband requests this all the time now! only changes: didn't have cheesecloth, so I just tossed in a little of each spice. I also added a package of onion soup mix instead of the whole white ...
The only thing I didn't care for about the recipe is that it needed salt badly... I did use lower sodium broth and also lower sodium V8 just because that is what I had bought at the store but it...