Ingredients43 m servings 89 cals
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a large platter. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat the grill to medium. Place a multi-functional perforated grill pan on the grill. Place the asparagus on the pan in a single layer and grill for 8 minutes or until the asparagus is tender-crisp, turning halfway through cooking. Remove from heat to a cutting board and let cool.
- Heat the remaining oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, cut the grilled asparagus diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the flour to the onion mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Gradually stir in the broth. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place 1/3 of the broth mixture into an electric blender or food processor container. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Repeat the blending process twice more with the remaining broth mixture. Return all of the pureed mixture to the saucepan. Add the remaining asparagus and rosemary. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- Tip: Heat a ridged grill pan over medium heat. Place the asparagus on the pan. Cook for about 8 minutes or until tender-crisp, turning the asparagus spears over with kitchen tongs halfway through cooking.
- For Creamy Grilled Asparagus Soup: Add 1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream when reheating soup in step 5.
Per Serving: 89 calories; 5.2 g fat; 9.1 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 708 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This was really quite good, and my kids liked it, which is always a plus. I thought it was a good soup but could use a little seasoning change to give it more flavor. . . not sure what to add, ...
Delicious!!! I used chicken broth as I thought the vegetable may be too bland. I also tossed my asparagus in a zip lock bag, poured some olive oil over it, sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic...
Love this! I substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth. The recipe is not 100% clear so this is what I did: -cut the asparagus into 2 inch spears -grill the asparagus with the oil -once the o...
Creamy delish soup and it offers something different. A great alternative for a thick soup without the cream. Puréeing the vegetables is the only right thing to do with this soup... I'm still se...
I ended up throwing in the chopped up asparagus in the soup and added a few dashes of Frank's hot sauce, which gave it the edge it needed. I then put the mixture through the food processor and a...