Roasted Garlic Beef Stew with Pepperidge Farm® Texas Toast
"Fork-tender beef with potatoes, carrots and onion in a rich gravy made with Prego® Roasted Garlic and Herb Italian Sauce and beef broth with hot Pepperidge Farm® Texas Toast alongside. A salad of endive with tangy goat cheese is a delicious starter. For dessert serve tiramisu. "
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 922
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Season the beef with the black pepper. Coat the beef with the flour.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in an 8-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat. Remove the beef from the saucepot.
- Heat the remaining oil in the saucepot over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and cook until the vegetables are tender. Return the beef to the saucepot. Stir in the potatoes, sauce and broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until the beef is fork-tender.
- Cook and drain the egg noodles according to the package directions. Add the butter to the hot noodles and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F for the bread. Bake the bread according to the package directions.
- Place the noodles into a serving platter. Spoon the beef mixture over the noodles. Serve with the bread.
You might also like
Per Serving: 922 calories; 39.9 89.9 49.2 160 909 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It was a very simple recipe, but the stew is much too tomato based for me. I like having tomatoes in my stew, but having tomato sauce be the base was just too much.