Fresco's Best Italian Cheese Sandwich
Ingredients40 m servings 487 cals
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut each toast in half.
- Divide the cheese slices among 8 toast halves. Top with the remaining toast halves.
- Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs into separate shallow bowls. Beat the eggs with a fork.
- Coat the sandwiches with the flour. Dip the sandwiches into the eggs. Coat the sandwiches with the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches in batches and cook until they're well browned on both sides. Place the sandwiches onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Heat the sauce in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until it's hot and bubbling. Serve the sandwiches with the sauce for dipping.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 28.7 g fat; 38.6 g carbohydrates; 18.8 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 867 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I love Texas Toast and happened to have a package in the freezer. This was a good way to use it up! I didn't bother with the extra step of coating and frying the bread. (didn't have time) I s...
I liked this recipe because it wasn't too complicated but it looked fancy, and my guests liked it. Best of all it used some ingredients I had on hand. I made small sandwiches that I did cut in ...