Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 355 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 pizza crust)
- Combine 1 cup flour, wheat bran, yeast, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Add water and 1 teaspoon oil. Mix until combined. Add the remaining 1 cup flour; mix until a rough ball is formed. Coat your hands with flour and toss a small handful into the bowl to prevent sticking. Knead the dough until firm but smooth, about 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 125 degrees F (52 degrees C).
- Form dough into a ball. Coat dough and sides of the bowl with the remaining oil. Cover bowl with a clean, damp dish cloth; place in the warm oven until dough is doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Remove bowl from oven. Knead dough briefly. Roll into a ball; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a pizza pan.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll out to the size of your pizza pan using a rolling pin. Transfer dough to the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I have listed white flour and bran separately, but if you want to use whole-wheat flour, just substitute it for the same amounts of flour and bran.
Per Serving: 355 calories; 9.5 g fat; 59.9 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 586 mg sodium. Full nutrition