Creamy Garlic Escargot
Ingredients35 m servings 786
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray a cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the phyllo dough on a flat surface and brush each sheet with the melted butter. Layer the sheets on top of one another and cut the pile into fours. Push each piece of dough into a cupcake pan, forming cups with the dough.
- Bake the phyllo cups for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- Drain the snails and rinse them with running water until the liquid runs clear. In a small bowl, mix together the heavy cream and egg yolks.
- Melt butter in a saute pan; add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add snails and white wine. Saute for a couple of minutes. Pour in the heavy cream mixture. Bring to a boil and season with the salt and pepper. The sauce will thicken while cooling.
- Remove the phyllo cups from the muffin tins. Place a phyllo cup on a plate or bowl and put 8 snails in the cup and flowing out of the cup. Pour the cream sauce around the cup.
Per Serving: 786 calories; 65.5 21.9 25.9 461 397 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Not bad, but with the suggested "tweaks" I like it much better. I personally don't like to work with pyllo, so I use Pepperidge Farms puff pastry shells. Very easy to bake. Next, reduce the crea...
I made a double recipe at a New Year's party and everyone loved it! I did cut back on the cream and used half of the amount listed as well as half of the egg yolks. Even so I had a little extra ...
Hey Jamie, what do you do with the rest of the egg yolks and 2 cups of cream? Get with it...
Jamie, I have never made escargots before until I came across your recipe. I don't know what kind of experience others have had with it, but I have to say that mine came out great. Everyone in...