Cherry Apple Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
"The rustic shape of this pie crust is easy to make. Sweet cherries and crisp apples combine to make a delicious pie filling complete with a buttery streusel topping."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 509 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Crust: In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut butter cubes into flour mixture until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle vinegar over flour mixture, tossing with a fork. Sprinkle 5 to 6 tablespoons cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over flour mixture, tossing with a fork each time until dough is moistened and crumbly.
- Gather dough into a ball, flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Filling: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a bowl, stir together sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add apples to cinnamon sugar mixture; mix thoroughly. Add cherries and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Place filling in center of crust; dot with butter. Bring pastry up and 2 to 3 inches over the filling, overlap or pleat and gather folds in the dough; gently press together where necessary.
- For topping, stir together flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apples and butter. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until crust is golden. Remove to wire rack and cool.
- *May use fresh cherries with pits removed; OR frozen cherries, thawed and drained OR canned cherries, drained.
Per Serving: 509 calories; 27.9 g fat; 62.4 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 72 mg cholesterol; 492 mg sodium. Full nutrition