Ingredients13 h 20 m servings 648
- Place the pink beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the beans; pour fresh water into the pot, covering the beans by 3 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer gently.
- Place the bacon into a large skillet set over medium heat. Cook and stir until the bacon has released its grease and has browned, but not become crisp, about 10 minutes. Once done, remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and stir into the beans. While the bacon is cooking, peel the skin off of the linguica and discard. Cut the sausages in half lengthwise, then slice into 1/4 inch thick half moons. Add the sausage to the skillet, and cook until the sausage has browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and stir into the beans.
- Stir the onion and garlic into the remaining grease and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir the onions and garlic into the simmering beans along with the black pepper, savory, cumin, and paprika. Cover and continue simmering for 4 hours.
- Stir the kale and chipotle pepper into the beans, and continue simmering 1 to 2 hours until the beans have broken up and thickened to your desired consistency.
Per Serving: 648 calories; 37.9 45.6 32.1 74 1032 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this several years ago with homemade linguica and it was fabulous. I have another pot of it simmering away right now but with Cajun sausage instead of linguica (couldn't find any and did...
I did not have Ling but I used a combo of hot and sweet sausage and it turned out great!