Orange Cream Cake V
"This is my version of a very moist orange flavored cake, and it is better the longer it sets before serving."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 555 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 - four layer 9 inch round cake.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, flavored gelatin, and instant whipped topping. Add the oil, milk and eggs; mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Spread evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool cakes completely before removing from pans. Using a long serrated knife, split each layer in half horizontally.
- To make the icing and filling: In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, coconut, sugar and orange juice. Set 1 cup of this mixture aside. Use the remaining sour cream mixture for filling between the cake layers.
- Fold the whipped topping into the reserved sour cream mixture, and frost the outside of the cake.
Per Serving: 555 calories; 25.8 g fat; 75.9 g carbohydrates; 7.3 g protein; 81 mg cholesterol; 401 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I had to make this recipe using Strawberry cake and strawberry jello. It was very good.