- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place cranberries in a large saucepan and pour water over them. Simmer on low heat until cranberries begin to split. Remove from heat and pour into a large ovenproof baking dish.
- To cranberries add apples, raisins, gooseberries, cherries, brandy, lemon rind, orange rind, vinegar, sugar, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice. Stir this mixture thoroughly and cover dish.
- Place dish in preheated oven. Heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sterilize enough canning jars and lids to fit all mincemeat.
- Place a wire rack in the bottom of a large stock pot and fill halfway with water. Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Pack mincemeat into sterilized jars, ensuring that there are no spaces or air bubbles. Fill jars all the way to the top and screw on lids. Carefully lower jars into boiling water using a holder. Make sure jars have at least 2 inches of space between them. Pour more boiling water over jars if necessary, so that they are covered by 2 inches of water. Cover pot and process for 30 minutes.
- Carefully lift jars out of water using a holder, and place on a wooden or cloth-covered surface, at least 2 inches apart. Allow to cool, then check seal by pressing on jar lid. A properly sealed lid will not move up or down at all. Mincemeat should be aged for 2 or 3 months before using.
Per Serving: 155 calories; 0.3 34.5 0.9 0 5 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This is my recipe and it was altered by the allrecipes staff. What you actually do is cook all these ingredients on the stove top and then add them to sterilized canning jars. Then the easiest w...
This is fantastic! Wonderful taste! If you make it in a crock pot though, remember to cut down on the water a little, as mine came out just a little bit runny. That won't stop us from enjoyin...
This was fabulous! I made 1 pie right away and can't wait to taste it in a couple of months after it ages. It was like a combination of cranberry and mincemeat, so I made a crumb topping for t...
The recipe states that it makes 8 quarts, but I only got 6 1/2 quarts. And that is with adding 2 extra cups of gooseberries to the mix. Also, baking it in the oven for 30 minutes does not heat i...
Made the filling this afternoon. it was very easy and tasted great. I went through a half dozen spoons tasting it just while it was cooking, it was so good! The filling recipe seems like it w...