Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Chocolate Mocha Swirl
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A wonderful treat whether morning, noon or night! This deliciously moist coffeecake is marbled with chocolate and mocha, topped with a crunchy hazelnut streusel."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 13 m servings 285
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt 3/4 cup chopped baking bar in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. Pieces may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Microwave 1/4 cup milk and coffee granules in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on High (100%) power for 15 seconds. Stir mixture with whisk until coffee granules are dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine nuts, remaining chocolate, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons butter in medium bowl until crumbly.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in medium bowl. Beat remaining 2 cups granulated sugar and remaining 1/3 cup butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in sour cream, eggs, remaining 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Remove 3 cups batter to medium bowl. Stir in melted chocolate and coffee mixture. Pour chocolate batter into prepared pan.
- Drop tablespoons of remaining batter randomly over chocolate batter. Swirl mixture with knife for marbled effect. Sprinkle nut mixture over top.
- Bake for 38 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Per Serving: 285 calories; 13.3 39.4 4.8 38 252 Full nutrition