Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 554
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- For Cake: Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Spoon and spread into prepared baking pan(s).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (13 x 9- inch 30 to 32 minutes) or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes; invert round cakes onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
- Frost with Creamy Chocolate Frosting.
- For Creamy Chocolate Frosting: Microwave butter and chocolate in small, uncovered, microwave-safe mixer bowl on High (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. Sections may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Beat 1 cup powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt into chocolate mixture until creamy. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar alternately with milk until smooth.
Per Serving: 554 calories; 27.9 74.8 6 99 390 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I too just made the frosting for a cake and it was very easy and very very yummy. Definitly a recipe to keep on hand. Maybe I will try the cake one day!