Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 442
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Line 2 (8-inch) square pans with foil; grease bottoms and sides of pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into pans. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice. Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking. Drizzle and spread lemon mixture over top of cake. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- In small microwaveable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on High 15 seconds. On serving plate, place 1 cake, rounded side down. Spread with half of frosting. Top with second cake, rounded side up. Frost top of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with lemon drop candies. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on cake mix box for 8-inch pans.
Per Serving: 442 calories; 17.1 71.4 3.6 46 333 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1