Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 627
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms only of three 8x4-inch loaf pans, or spray bottoms with cooking spray.
- Make cake batter as directed on cake mix box. Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Freeze cakes uncovered about 1 hour for easier frosting if desired.
- Remove 1/4 cup frosting from each container; set aside. To make purple frosting, stir 8 drops blue food color and 8 drops red food color into 1 container frosting. To make green frosting, stir 3 drops green food color and 3 drops yellow food color into other container frosting.
- Place 2 loaves, rounded sides down, on tray; frost one with about two-thirds of the purple frosting; frost the other with two-thirds of the green frosting. Cut remaining loaf crosswise in half; taper the cut edges slightly to form windshields. Place one half on each cake for cab, placing about 3 inches from front edge and with tapered windshield side toward front of car. Frost windows of cabs with reserved vanilla frosting; frost top and edges with colored frosting. Use licorice to outline windows and make bumpers. Add starlight candies for headlights and taillights; add cookies for wheels and the spares. Place gumdrop on top of 1 car for beacon and add candles for radio antennas. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Per Serving: 627 calories; 24.9 99.4 3.8 46 419 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1