Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 500
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (or 325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups; place mini paper baking cup in each of 18 mini muffin cups. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Spoon evenly into regular and mini muffin cups.
- Bake mini cupcakes 11 to 13 minutes, regular cupcakes 17 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- If ice cream cone holder is unavailable, make a holder for the cones by tightly covering the tops of 2 empty square or rectangular pans (at least 2 to 2 1/2 inches deep) with heavy-duty foil. With sharp knife, cut 18 "stars" in foil, 3 inches apart, by making slits about 1 inch long.
- Place about 2 teaspoons candies in each ice cream cone. Remove paper cups from cupcakes. For each cone, frost top of 1 regular cupcake with frosting; turn upside down onto a cone. Frost bottom (now the top) of cupcake. Place mini cupcake upside down on frosted regular cupcake; frost side of regular cupcake and entire mini cupcakes completely (it's easiest to frost from the cone toward the top). Sprinkle with candy decors. Push cone through foil opening in cone holder; the foil will keep it upright.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 2, increase bake time for mini cupcakes to 15 to 17 minutes.
Per Serving: 500 calories; 21.7 70.3 3 33 277 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was really fun to make with my daughter. I did have some changes though. My regular cupcakes were too big for the cones so I made all mini muffins and used two on one cone. I followed the...
What a great idea! This would be perfect for a Birthday Party for kids or the kid in all of us.