Ingredients1 h servings 457
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the rigatoni and return to a boil. Stirring occasionally, boil until the pasta cooked is still firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Place a skillet over medium heat; crumble the sausage and lamb into the hot skillet. Breaking the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon, cook and stir the mixture until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the fat from the skillet.
- Pour about half of the tomato sauce over the pasta, then layer with the provolone slices and the meat mixture. Season with the Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper; top with the mozzarella cheese and the remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the top of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 25 to 35 minutes.
Per Serving: 457 calories; 23.6 31.1 30.4 72 1475 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was really good. My husband and I both loved it, and I didn't change a thing other than not using red pepper. I do think it would be better to add the Italian seasoning to the meat while ...
This turned out ok but it was kind of a waste of ground lamb (you couldn't taste that it was lamb at all. Next time, I'll stick with ground beef). The only changes I made were to stir the Italia...