Ingredients50 m servings 435 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and cook about 5 minutes (reduce heat if mixture begins to brown). Slowly whisk in the hot milk and heat until mixture reaches a low boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool at least 5 minutes (otherwise eggs will cook when added to the mixture).
- Stir the beaten egg yolks into the cooled sauce. Blend in the mayonnaise. Add the crabmeat and season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and Old Bay(R) seasoning if using. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites. Pour into prepared baking dish. Dust with paprika.
- Bake until browned and puffy, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 435 calories; 34 g fat; 7.2 g carbohydrates; 24.7 g protein; 234 mg cholesterol; 1252 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this while I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes, as it was lower in carbs. I was cheap and used "krab" instead, but it was still delicious. Very rich tasting. I found it had to bak...
This was easy to make and pretty good. It was a bit bland; it reminded me of a crab cake with less flavor. Next time I might add some green onions, tarragon, and more Old Bay. We'll see. Aga...