Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 1152 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Steam clams with wine and garlic in covered, medium saucepan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until clams open. Drain clams, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat sauce, reserved cooking liquid and saffron in small saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir until blended and saffron imparts a yellow color to sauce.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Top pasta with sauce and clams. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- *Saffron strands can be found in the spice section of major grocery and specialty stores.
- Tip: If fresh clams are hard to find, substitute 1 can (6.5 ounces) chopped clams, drained. Simmer Alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup wine, clams, 1 teaspoon chopped garlic and saffron strands for 10 minutes, then follow the instructions above.
Per Serving: 1152 calories; 43.6 g fat; 94.2 g carbohydrates; 66.9 g protein; 292 mg cholesterol; 869 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious! The saffron, wine & clam juices were a heady addition to a homemade Alfredo sauce. I used penne instead of linguine ~ I wanted a pasta shape which would grab the wonderful sauce.