Ingredients45 m servings 199 cals
- Combine the onion, garlic, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and sweetened condensed milk in the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse 4 to 5 times, until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Scoop the spice paste into a large bowl, and stir in the corn, chives, peas, rice flour, all-purpose flour, egg, water, shrimp, and red chile pepper. Mix together to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drop batter about 1/4 cup at a time into the hot oil, and fry 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove the fritters from the hot oil, and drain on paper towels.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 199 calories; 10.8 g fat; 22.9 g carbohydrates; 5.3 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 499 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I made these as an appetizer for son's birthday party, and they were a big hit. They were even good without any kind of suace. Thanks!
Good. did not use frozen peas or rice flour. Added grated carrots. next time will use mung beans as well.
I enjoyed this. I had to use red onion, so it had a bit more bite than I it might normally, but overall the flavor was good with some plain rice. I blended it all in the food processor on high a...
We really liked these. We skipped the shrimp but did add the sliced red chile peppers and also just a tsp or two of freshly grated ginger. Awesome. I did this recipe as a part of the Western ...
These are wonderful! I used 1 lb of shrimp and less hot peppers. I also only used whole wheat flour.