Grilled Pheasant Poppers
Ingredients55 m servings 310
- Cut the pheasant breast into 36 pieces, and place into a bowl. Pour the liquid from the jalapeno peppers over the pheasant, stir, and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Drain the marinade from the pheasant and discard. Place a slice of jalapeno pepper onto each piece of pheasant breast, and wrap with a third of a strip of bacon. Skewer 6 of the pheasant pieces on each skewer.
- Cook on the preheated grill, turning frequently, until the bacon is crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the skewers from the pheasant pieces, and place a toothpick into each piece to serve.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 18.4 1.1 32.7 101 781 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 39
Awsome! We soaked the pheasant in buttermilk overnight to get rid of the gamey taste. Very good super bowl appetizer!
These are amazing! I usually am not a big fan of game bird, but these are unbelievable! We used pickled jalapenos (Mrs Renfros) Amazing! Highly recomended!
My husband just went on his annual pheasant hunting trip. I threw this recipe in his bag, as it looked easy for a non-multitasking man. He called me and said they were great, and were a huge h...
Wow, these are great. My husband hunts but I hate eating pheasant so we usually give it away. This is the best pheasant dish I've had. I took it to a NYE party and people really loved them! ...
I loved this one, but husband though it was very spicy. I can do one of two things: Ignore him or put smaller pieces of jalepeno on each piece. Haven't decided yet.... Seriously, save this one,...
Took this to a christmas party and went over well, but I did do something a little different. Since my crew and I do not like things really hot and this was on the hot side. I added some teriyak...
AMAZING appetizer to make. They were gone quickly and people were asking for more. Definately something good to make for parties.
This is the most I have ever enjoyed eating pheasant in my life. I am not a big wild game person but these were amazing. We have made them several times for family and friends and they are alw...