Baked Pears with Creme Fraiche
0 made it | 0 reviews |
California Milk Advisory Board
"Sweet pears are seasoned with pie spices and vanilla, baked, and served with rich and tangy creme fraiche and toasted almonds. Enjoy this simple and elegant dessert warm out of the oven."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 268
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pear halves, cut side down, on cutting board. Starting about 1/2-inch from stem end, make 7 lengthwise cuts in each half, cutting to the bottom but leaving pears slices attached at the stem end. Arrange pear halves, cut side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar, water, apple pie spice and vanilla. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Pour sugar mixture over pears.
- Bake covered, 40 to 45 minutes or until pears are tender, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Spread two tablespoons creme fraiche onto one side of each of 6 dessert plates; spoon one tablespoon sauce from pears on the other side. With slotted spoon, place pear half in center of each plate; garnish with almonds, if desired. Serve immediately.
- *To make apple pie spice, combine 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice and 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom.
Per Serving: 268 calories; 16 32.9 2.1 54 20 Full nutrition