Mini Chess Pies
"This is my grandmother's recipe we've had for generations, with some modifications since most of you won't have pans like my grandma's. If you like, substitute your favorite sweet shortbread pastry for the plain pastry crust."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 mini pies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 18 muffin cups.
- Roll out pastry and cut out 18 circles with a 3-inch round cutter. Fit one pastry circle into each muffin cup. Set aside.
- Place raisins in a large saucepan. Add enough water to barely cover raisins. Boil on stovetop until water is absorbed and raisins are soft. Cool partially, then stir in butter or margarine, sugar, nuts, and vanilla.
- After butter or margarine is melted and all ingredients are blended, stir in eggs. Mix well. Spoon mixture into pastry-lined muffin cups, filling each one 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until set in center and golden brown on top.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 21.7 27.6 3.3 48 185 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is a great recipe for the holidays. I did make some changes though. First, I used dark brown sugar. I then combined the butter and brown sugar, and used a pastry cutter and cut the butter i...