Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 361
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a large bowl; set aside.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in the water in a 2 quart casserole dish, then whisk in the sherry, tomato soup, garlic powder, sugar, oregano, thyme, rosemary until blended; set aside. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the beef in the flour mixture to coat, and shake off excess. Cook the beef in the hot oil, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. Remove the beef to the casserole dish, and reduce heat to medium. Stir in the onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir the onion into the beef mixture.
- Cover, and bake in the preheated oven until the meat is very tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 361 calories; 13.1 22.1 36.5 98 441 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is a version of boeuf bourguignon except with canned tomato soup. The flavors were nice, a little sweet, I would omit the sugar next time because of the natural sweetness from using condens...
The first time I made this, I was looking for a recipe for stew meat. I followed the directions except i used about 3/4 cup cabernet savignon instead of sherry. I served it over egg noodles and ...
This was yummy. I added a bit of Worcestershire sauce and left out the thyme. I was busy and instead of flouring and braising the meat, I put everything in the slow cooker. Cooked on high for ab...