Ingredientsservings 777 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Prepare the topping by combining the butter, brown sugar, flour and chopped pecans. Cut in all ingredients with pastry cutter until pea-sized. Set aside
- Combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Toss gently together and set aside.
- Place apple mixture in unbaked pie shells. Heap the apples up high in each shell and fill completely. Sprinkle topping on top of each.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes. Do not allow topping to get too dark.
Per Serving: 777 calories; 44.2 g fat; 92.8 g carbohydrates; 6.4 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 605 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 38
This is the best! I didn't have any problem with too much juice. Maybe it was because I used apples that had been frozen. This is a recipe I will use over and over!
This was a very good recipe! I dont know if I did it wrong though because when I cut into it, it had ALOT of extra juice that made the bottom of the pie crust really soggy. I'm gonna try it agai...
I only used the topping for this pie. I put it on a cherry pie which boiled over and set off the smoke alarm... But it tasted great!
My husband is asking for more already. He moved the pie crusts to the front of the 'fridge to emphasize urgency.
This was a good recipe. My family loved it. The streusel was the best part!!
fantasic! just added a bit of cinnamon (whats apple pie without it? :) ) but it was a hit! I LOVED IT! Thanks
I had a little trouble with the topping and ended up making twice the amount to fully cover the pie. But it still turned out great, and tasted awesome. My roommates keep begging me to make more....
Fabulous recipe. I used 15 apples which made for 2 deep dish pies 9 inches. My sons and husband loved it! This is a keeper-fast and tasty :)