Dotti's Chinese Almond Cookies
Ingredients1 h servings 75
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Using two knives or a pastry cutter, cut the shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the almond extract and egg, and mix the dough together by hand. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface, and knead a few times until the dough is smooth.
- Pinch off about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie, and roll into a ball about 3/4-inch in diameter. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheets, and flatten each slightly. Press an almond into the center of each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are barely golden, about 12 minutes. Cool on racks.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 75 calories; 4.6 7.4 1.3 3 28 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
They tasted like almond but were too sandy. They barely hold together and I followed the recipe exactly.
I've used this recipe 4 times already, it not that sweet but you can add more sugar as needed. It's quick and easy and taste good!