Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 125 cals
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the sugar, salt, oil and 1 cup of flour; stir well to combine. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and supple, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Divide the dough into twelve equal pieces and form into rounds. Place the rounds on prepared baking sheets. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 2.6 g fat; 22.2 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 388 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Ok, if you make this recipe, IT IS WONDERFUL! We have tried numerous bread recipes and this one is now our absolute favorite! So simple and tastes wonderful (especially hot out of the oven with...
This was my first bread with yeast and I loved it. The buns are soft, but just a tad dry. Adding a little milk may help. I stuffed them with a potato filling, and they were just yum!
These turned out delicious! Especially right out of the oven with butter. However, I made 12 like the recipe said, but they turned out to be over sized biscuit sized - not big enough for hamburg...
I loved the taste and texture of this bread. This was my very first bread ever besides banana bread and it turned out great. It compliments my homemade potato soup very well. Thank you!
I like this recipe. I am new at making bread. I don't have a bread machine, so I have to knead. I don't like kneading. This bread is tasty and easy to make.
I love this bread! It's very simple and tastes great! I've made it several times.