Ingredients50 m servings 544 cals
- In a medium-size pot, bring water and barley to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and let cook 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, barley, spinach, cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper.
- Lay out a sheet of pastry and place 1/2 of the pumpkin mixture along the center horizontally. Roll the pastry over the mixture, and seal the seams with a little water. Cut stuffed pastry into thirds. Arrange portions on a cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Per Serving: 544 calories; 31.7 g fat; 57.8 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 438 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was very quick and easy, but I had trouble getting the family to eat it. I thought it was okay, but the rest of the family thought it was too bland and needed more spices. Also, without the...
This recipe must be made with fresh pumpkin to taste as good as it does this way!!