California Cheesy Black Bean Dip
California Milk Advisory Board
Ingredients20 m servings 73
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers; saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and smash with the back of a ladle or large spoon until softened and heated through, another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pre-shredded Mozzarella or Oaxaca, sour cream, cumin and cayenne pepper, stirring until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle Cotija cheese on top. Serve warm or at room temperature with chips and vegetables.
- Leftover dip can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave.
Per Serving: 73 calories; 5.8 1.9 3.6 13 118 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Cheesy and yummy! I used a can of refried black beans and added spicy jack cheese instead of mozzarella and really liked this. Super easy to make, lots of fiber & protein, and not *too* bad fo...