Bow Tie Pasta with Tomato Tuna Sauce
Ingredients50 m servings 345 cals
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the pasta and boil until cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Toast bread crumbs in oil, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; stir in lemon zest. Remove seasoned bread crumbs from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat. Add the beans, and mash. Stir in the tuna, tomato sauce, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss sauce with prepared pasta; place in prepared baking dish. Top with the toasted bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 5.9 g fat; 56.1 g carbohydrates; 18.7 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 1472 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was really dry and as the recipe did not specify what kind of beans (I used pinto) I ended up with a funky tangy taste... It wasn't an awful recipe but it wasn't great either... sorry!
I like the concept but changed it up quite a bit just based on what I had and the reviews - my husband and I loved it. I used about 8 oz or so of shells (I cooked at 13.5 oz box but didn't need...
I'm sorry but I did not care for this recipe. The bread crumbs gave this dish a terrible taste.