Ingredients10 m servings 165 cals
- In large saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture just begins to boil (or microwave at HIGH 3 minutes in large microwaveable bowl, stirring twice). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Stir in cereal, mixing until well coated.
- Press evenly and firmly into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9-inch) pan. Cut into bars.
- Variation 1:
- Frosted: Spread 250 ml (1 cup) melted semi-sweet chocolate chips over cereal mixture.
- Variation 2:
- Crunchy: Add 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped peanuts with cereal.
- In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
- *© 2008, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.
Per Serving: 165 calories; 5.4 g fat; 28.4 g carbohydrates; 3.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 135 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
I made these today, and while the flavour is nice, the peanut butter mixture began to set VERY quickly, so it was difficult to mix it through the cereal evenly. The recipe said to use honey or ...
Mmmmmm. I love this recipe. And it's so easy to halve or fourth. Sometimes I just eyeball it and make myself a little rice krispie treat! I've tried this with honey and corn syrup, but I like co...
Very good! I would make more of the peanut butter sauce to pour a smidgen over the top next time. That's probably because my school system made them that way. Easy to make, I had no problems...
We liked this but my family prefers when I use white sugar instead of brown sugar and I always use the corn syrup. I melt 1 cup butterscotch chips and 1 cup chocolate chips and spread on top. ...
These tasted yummy! They are like peanut butter fudge rice crispie treats, more chewy than crunchy.
These are soo good! It's a good thing I halved the recipe, because I almost ate the whole pan! I was going to add the chocolate on top but started to eat them before they were set. Very good ...
Why five stars? Very easy to make and tastes soooo good. The chocolate on top is what makes it!