Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 406 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 burgers)
- In 12-inch non-stick fry pan, over medium heat, saute onions and garlic in oil 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute 4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are just tender. Remove from heat.
- Using metal blade, coarsely chop pecans in food processor. Add KELLOGG'S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal, rice, green pepper, carrots, seasonings and mushroom mixture. Pulse processor about 15 seconds or until mixture is a mealy consistency. Remove to mixing bowl and stir in egg whites. Divide mixture into 6 portions, about 1/2 cup each and shape into patties. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 6 inches from heat, about 5 minutes per side or until browned. Serve hot on buns with lettuce and tomato or with chutney, if desired.
- In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
- *© 2008, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 12.6 g fat; 64.3 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 601 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The pecans and rice krispies ingredients tempted me to try this veggie burger. I added 1/2 cup of lentils to the rice, an extra dash of cayenne pepper and an extra egg white to keep it together....