Orange Coconut Macaroons Drizzled in Chocolate
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a match made in heaven. Fresh orange zest in coconut macaroons with chocolate! I made these with citrus thinking of spring and it was for my Passover dinner since there is no leavening in them. It was a big hit! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 2 m servings 177
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cookies)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flaked coconut, sweetened condensed milk, orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Place egg whites and salt in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into the coconut mixture. Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, about 90 seconds.
- Dip the bottom of the cooled macaroons into the melted chocolate and set back on the parchment paper. Drizzle remaining chocolate on top. Cool until chocolate hardens, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 177 calories; 9 22.9 2.9 6 81 Full nutrition