Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 89
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 cookies)
- Mix the butter-flavored shortening and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth, and add the molasses and egg. Beat until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, and stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Form the dough into a ball, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place the sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces, and cut each quarter into 12 small pieces. Roll each piece into a 1 1/4 inch ball, and dip the balls into the sugar. Place the cookies, sugar side up, onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Using your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon, make an indentation in each cookie ball about 1/2 inch deep. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam into each thumbprint.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until the cookies are just set but not hard. Let cool for 1 minute before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
You might also like
Per Serving: 89 calories; 3.5 14 0.7 4 68 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1