Pomegranate Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 309 cals
- Wrap the sweet potatoes with plastic wrap, and place into the microwave. Cook on High until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 4 minutes, depending on the microwave. Unwrap the potatoes, and refrigerate until cool enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a small baking dish.
- Bring the pomegranate juice, water, vinegar, sugar, and cinnamon to a simmer in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into large cubes; place into the prepared baking dish, and dot with the cubed butter. Pour the pomegranate sauce evenly overtop.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes until the pomegranate sauce has thickened into a glaze. Gently stir the potatoes occasionally as they bake to coat them in the glaze.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 309 calories; 11.6 g fat; 51.2 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 163 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was a brilliant twist on candied yams! I loved the pomegranate juice with the starch, and found it a lovely foil to baked ham. I eliminated the water, as I wanted a stronger flavour, but ...
We weren't to impressed with this recipe. It is easy but the flavor just wasn't there in ours.